Visiting other research centers: He has been a visiting researcher at the “Center for Supercomputing Research & Development” Illinois en Urbana-Champaign (Illinois, USA, 1992). He has been invited to different universities and research centers over the years where he gives some talks.
I work with the following graduate students:
Former PhD Students:
- Dr. Jordi Guitart (Associate Professor at UPC)
- Dr. David Carrera (associate Professor at UPC)
- Dr. Vicenç Beltran (Senior Researcher at BSC)
- Dr. Ramon Nou (Senior Researcher at BSC)
- Dr. Javier Alonso (Postdoc position at Duke University, USA)
- Dr. Iñigo Goiri (PostDoc position at Rutger University, USA)
Grants, Awards and Recognitions:
- IBM Faculty Award, 2008.
- Best paper Award at NCA conference, 2007.
- 3 “Tramos de investigación”
- Best UPC Computer Science Thesis Award 1993-94.
- OLIVETTI-UPC Intership Grant, 1992.
- UPC Phd Grant, 1991.
- “Fundació Catalana per a la Recerca” travel grant, 1990.
Past positions in Energy Efficient of Cloud Computing area:
- Member of the Management Committee of EU COST IC804 action “Energy efficiency in large scale distributed systems”. (2009-2012). This action aims to foster original research initiatives addressing energy awareness/savings in the field of energy efficiency in distributed systems http://www.cost804.org.
- Member of the Steering Committee IEEE -TCSC Technical Area of Green Computing.
Research Manager at BSC. In 2005 the Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC) was founded and he was nominated as a Manager for Autonomic Systems and eBusiness platforms department.
In the course of his professional career he has held the following distinguished positions: Manager for Promotion at the European Center for Parallelism of Barcel ona (CEPBA) (1994-2004) and Member of the board of managers of CEPBA-IBM Research Institute (CIRI) (2000-2004).