Research Manager at BSC. In 2005 the Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC) was founded and he was nominated as a Manager for Autonomic Systems and eBusiness platforms department.
In the course of his professional career he has held the following distinguished positions: Manager for Promotion at the European Center for Parallelism of Barcel ona (CEPBA) (1994-2004) and Member of the board of managers of CEPBA-IBM Research Institute (CIRI) (2000-2004).
Academic Management: Currently he is a member of the University Senate and member of the Board of Governors.
In the course of my professional career he has held the following distinguished positions:
- Vice-dean at the Computer Science School in Barcelona (1998-2002).
- Member of the board of managers and Teaching Innovation of Catedra Telefonica-UPC (2003-2005).
- Member of the committee of experts for the Computer Science Engineering degree plan of quality in Universities. Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, 2002.
- Member of the board of managers of “Associació Enginyeria i Cultura Catalana” (from 2007-2009).
He has also participated in numerous institutional representation activities from 1990 onwards:
- Vocal Patron of the Fundació Politècnica de Mataró, representing UPC and appointed by the Rector of the University. (from 1999 until 2003).
- Member of the Delegated Commision for the Fundació Politècnica de Mataró, representing UPC and appointed by the Rector of the University. (from 2001 until 2003).
- Representative of UPC in the patronage of l’Escola Universitària Politècnica de Mataró (assigned to UPC), representing UPC and appointed by the Rector of the University. (from 2000 until 2004).
- UPC representative at the “Federación Española de Sociedades Informáticas” (FESI) (1999 – 2002).
- Member of the permanent commision for formation at UPC in the Fundació Politècnica de Catalunya and appointed by the governing body of UPC (from 1998 until 2002).
During this period, he participated in various training activities towards management:
- “Course for the management and development of teams for effective work”. Office of training and access, Cabinet of quality and human resources, Vice-rectory of Academic Personnel, UPC, year 2000.
- “Assertive leadership. Positive management of relations with collaborators”, Catalan Institute of Technology, Management Area, October 1999.